Tuesday 3 October 2017

Colletes, Paxillus, Phylloscopus

No not a magic spell cast by a bespectacled wizard, but in and around my garden last week.
In fact it was a rather poor week nature wise as on the best days for migrants I was working and when I was off I tried to tidy the garden between rain showers. I did however see two Ivy Bees (Colletes hederae) and spot at least 7 species of fungi in the garden. Photographed below Brown Rollrim (James feel free to correct my ID) which seems quite previlent  this year I've only ever seen a couple fruiting bodies in the garden but had 12+ large exampled near our birch. Dad kindly popped over and cut my grass while I was out, but before I got any other photos.


Finally on Friday walking the short distance too Waitrose I had a Yellow-browed Warbler (Phyllospocus inornicus) calling, but the heavens opened before I could see the bird and walking home all was quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Yep you're right with Brown Roll Rim, very common around birch.

    ReplyDelete